Monday 14 December 2020

     December 2019 Newsletter – Our Lady of Sorrows SchoolImportant Co-op Dates | Co-operative Education & Career Services


- Dec. 15th  Wear Red & Green China Cheap Low MOQ Green and Red Sweatshirt Christmas Gift Printed Hoodie  Sweatshirt - China Christmas Clothing and Christmas Sweatshirt price

-Dec. 16th Wear your ugly SweaterWomen's Ugly Sweater w/ Suspenders | Tipsy Elves

- Dec. 17th  Wear Festive Pajamas     Festive Christmas Pajamas to Lighten the Mood in 2020 • MightyMoms.club(Last Day for Students) 


-Dec.18th  Organizational day No school for students


Today we read a few Winter books and completed another Art Project.

We read, 

Mine, All Mine! by Claire Hawcock What was the squirrel trying to do?

Inspired by squirrel's snowflake we made our own snowflake.

One by one steps to complete our art project.

 Ask me what was the first step?
wet the paper

 How did we get the water colour effect?


 Ask me to explain...   which two colours did I blend in..

 I rolled play dough into which shape?
                 sphere

Then I flattened it out to make a flat circle

 I used cue tips to make my snowflake.

Ask me to show you how I rolled...







I had to plan out how I wanted my tree. What kind of tree is this?















We read,

One Winter's Day: Butler, M. Christina: 9781845064372: Books - Amazon.ca.  One winter's day by Butler, M. Christina (9781845063887) | BrownsBfSOne Winter's Day by M. Christina Butler - YouTube

Where was hedgehog going and why?


We read, Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Karma Wilsonclick on this and listen to the book with me.

Bear Stays Up for Christmas: Wilson, Karma, Chapman, Jane: 9781442427907:  Books - Amazon.ca What was the problem in the story?

 Bear Stays Up for Christmas: Wilson, Karma, Chapman, Jane: 9781442427907:  Books - Amazon.ca Read the words and I will tell you which words rhyme.



We read, Oliver's Winter Adventure | Walmart CanadaClare Fennell Illustration: September 2011Ask me to tell you my favourite part. What was mommy bear telly the bear to do?


Well Done!! Isaiah😍

Some Learning Tasks!



                         Chloe: My boat                            

                        Buay: Canada's Flag                      Wyatt: House with a deck

                                                     Can you see a pattern?

 Efrata made a giant snowflake




Beautiful winter snowflakes clip art by DJ Inkers | Snow quotes, Winter  quotes, Quotes  Nature for children. Every day. "When there's snow on the ground, I like to  pretend I'm walking on clouds." -Taka… | Nature kids, Quotes for kids,  Walking on clouds Enjoy our learning and artwork.

Thanks,

Mrs. Malik