Thursday 17 September 2020

comprehension quotes.001 – The Kindergarten SmorgasboardReading is an important skill in Kindergarten. It looks very different as we are teaching the students build positive interest in the story and set the child for success. It also reinforces the students to engage in a conversation with their peers. It also supports to reinforce visual cues while reading Aloud,  independently and shared reading.

The Importance of Reading Aloud. Why Read Aloud? | Importance of reading, Read  aloud, Teaching reading This is why we listen to  atleast 3 stories a day.


Picture Walk Preview for Early Readers | Still Playing SchoolPicture Walk helps build comprehension and attending to  details.
Click on this and listen to this.

Today we practiced reading in Kindergarten.


This is how we read in Kindergarten!





This is how I read in Kindergarten. I look at the pictures and tell a story!


Today we read, Harold and the Purple Crayon – Plumfield and Paideia and drew our own lines of imagination, creating a story for you to listen.

 Illustrators at work using their imagination and creativity.





Ask me to look at my drawing and tell you a story.






We also read the book , Happy!: Amazon.ca: Williams, Pharrell: Books and talked about feeling.
Madhouse Family Reviews: Picture book review : Happy - Pharrell Williams How do I know when I am happy?
Hunter said: "I can feel it in my heart."
Keith: "I smile."
Ikram: "  I play."
Isaiah: " My heart is happy."

Today we also practiced recognizing our names






Ask me to point to my name and which letter does it begin with?

Some Learning tasks!


 Ask me to explain my learning task to you😊.




Read me please! Pages 1 - 14 - Text Version | AnyFlipThe Best of Avocations, Reading | Book worms, I love reading, I love books

Enjoy our learning!
Thanks,
Mrs. Malik