Tuesday 8 September 2020

Dear parents/Guardians,

Today was our first Full Day schedule of learning and exploration! Ask your child about their favourite learning centre.We ate our snack and lunch with our friends. We also had gym and music. 
Our Kindergarten Program provides a developmentally appropriate foundation for every child to excel with their abilities and feel successful.  In Kindergarten, children will experience learning through purposeful play and through exposure to literacy, numeracy, art, music, drama, and an inquiry based approach to science and social studies.  Kindergarten students continually develop cognitive skills by exploring, observing, creating, asking questions, doing new tasks, and problem solving within the classroom. The programming in Kindergarten helps develop independence and confidence in all children.
Today we went over some class routines and rules to stay safe and about Kindness!
Today we read a few books,
No, David!: Shannon, David, Shannon, David: 9780439129657: Books - Amazon.ca

Talking about making good choices and Red choice.
No, David | Scholastic Kids     No, David! by David Shannon



Can you count the dot's with me...
How many red circles?
How many blue circles?


I Call My Hand Gentle: Haan, Amanda, Sagona, Marina: 9780670036219: Books -  Amazon.ca

Ask your child why do they cal their hands gentle!
 I call my hands gentle because....
Isaiah: " I help my mom cook."
Hunter: "I help her with the garden."
Keith: "I can eat with my hands."
Lukas: " I play."
Samantha: "I hug my mom."
Chloe: "brush my hair."
Try a Little Kindness | Scholastic Canada
Ask me to look at the title page and tell you how the bear is being kind...


Today we also practiced writing our names.




Ask me to find my name...


 Find letter S in Samnatha's name.



Learning Tasks
Samantha exploring with colours and building. "I made a butterfly."

            Keith                                                               Hunter 
 Isaiah was excited to explore the train centre.

 Chloe: " I made a robot."

Samantha: " I made 2 flowers."
Ask me how many petals on the red flower? How many petals on the blue flower?

Samantha sorted these by colour. Ask me to find red, blue and green. 
Find the yellow group. 






quotes about art and science – Page 11 – BestQuotes.    Raising the Bar in ECE in Minnesota - the Westwood Lutheran Early Learning  Center Story | Educa

Thanks,
Mrs. Malik