Thursday 15 October 2020

 Talking about patterns in nature and finding patterns in our environment was fun!

Patterns in Nature: How to Find Fractals - Science World.  Patterns in nature: How the zebra got its stripes - CSIROscopePatterns in nature | Patterns in nature, Pattern photography, Geometry in  nature I want you to go outside with me and let's find patterns in nature. Patterns Everywhere! Art inspired by Patterns found in Nature. | Patterns  in nature, Art retreats, Elements of art

Ask me to explain why I think it is a pattern.

 Patterns in Nature: Spots, Stripes, Fingers, and Toes - Science World Click on this pattern to watch more patterns with me.


AB Pattern Cards} with Unifix Cubes, Blocks, & Bears | Ab patterns, Math  patterns, Pattern cards preschool Click on this AB video and watch the explanation.


We read, Math Counts: Pattern by Henry Pluckrose 

Ask me to explain....     Where do I see a pattern?

 Look at the pattern and count the petals with me.

We found a  pattern in our room.
We found patterns on our clothes.


We learn about seeing a pattern and asking questions about how do we know this is a pattern.
Free 20 AB Pattern Strips Printable There are a few rules that we need to think about before we can say it is pattern😊.
                                                            AABB                        ABAB
                                                Ask me to explain...


AAB AAB AAB AAB AAB

 Is this a pattern?
ABB ABB ABB ABB A


 We broke the core to check if this was a pattern


Look at this picture and explain how do I know this is not a pattern?


We went back and fixed it...

Is this  a pattern?
Read it for me..

 Read this for me



 We broke the core to check
What is a core? Ask me to tell you...

Explain

Oopsy..... what happened here?

                                                                        Is this a pattern? What is missing?

Good job Hamza you knew to take the green away!!


Thinking Face Emoji (U+1F914)  Is this a pattern?

 hmmmmmm..Emoticon Thinking transparent PNG - StickPNG..... what happened here.

 ABB
Can you fix this?

Can you fix this?


Ask me to do this for you.











We read,

We had fun looking for colours around us. Omar shared that he knew that Red, Yellow and Blue are primary colours. 

We looked around and found a primary coloured table in our  class. 
Wyatt said the yellow pencil is blending in. We talked about how animals blend in their backgrounds and why? Ask me to tell you...

The pencil is kind of camouflaged.

We experimented together with the primary colours.
A few of us experimented with colours at the light table.

Ask me to tell you how we made green purple and orange.
  Look what we found......
 two concepts in one basket!! Can you GUESS!!!
Primary Colours and an ABC pattern.
  
Some Learning Tasks

Samantha was so excited to share her learning. She said," Look, I made a circle."

How dod she make a circle. Ask me to explain....
(she put 2 semi-circle together)

Point to the primary colours and name them.

Isaiah had fun exploring with the shark in the sand.
Which shapes do you see?                        Wyatt and Hunter W made a bridge.

Well done Wyatt!! What a cool robot.


                                    



Inspiring Classroom Mini Posters | Play quotes, Learning quotes, Preschool  quotesSo true! Click here for more on how to foster children's creativity and  development with fun art activities … | Preschool quotes, Creativity quotes,  Quotes for kids

Enjoy learning with us. If you have any question about any concepts please feel free to email or call me. I would love to have chat with you and explain our thinking.

Thanks, 
Mrs. Malik