Wednesday 7 October 2020

Today we had a conversation about how Every Child in our class is SMART and is able to add rich learning to our conversations. We all have something to contribute in our own special way!

                                          Image of the Child | 50+ ideas on Pinterest | teaching quotes, childhood  education, reggio inspired

                                   We all are SMART


We have been learning about different shapes and find these shapes in our environment. 

 tell me the name of the shapes I can see two shapes in this picture
Name the shapes (triangle & rectangle)
square                                                 trapezoid                       


We read the book,

Mouse Shapes: Amazon.ca: Walsh, Ellen Stoll: Books click on the book to listen to the story.Why were the mice scampering?

Ask me to show you what that means?

Which shapes can you see? How many mice can you see?


Ask me where are the mice? 
 Ask me to answer in a full sentence.
We drew some pictures using shapes.
What does the cat trying to do? Why are the mice using shapes to make mice?
Mouse shapes were a distraction
 for the cat.

 so the three (3) mice could be safe.











We also used shapes to make pictures in our story.

Ask me which shapes do I have in my picture.











Learning Tasks


 Ask me write my name for you. Well done  Hunter.


Reviewing different kinds of lines we found that a few us had shapes and lines on our clothes
Ask me what shapes do I see?

Horizontal lines. How do I know ask me o explain.


vertical lines

Quotes about Children learning (84 quotes).    21 Craft Ideas for Kids to Make then Play With | Kindergarten quotes,  Preschool quotes, Play quotes


 Important Dates to Remember for October:


-October 9
* Professional Day for Teachers
   NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS

-October 12
* NO SCHOOL  Thanksgiving Day

-October 13
* School Council 6:30 All Parents/Guardians are welcome to join the meeting
   It will be through Skype

-October 26
*Hot Soup Starts Today

October 29

*Wear your  Favourite T-Shirt Day


-October 30
Professional Day for Teachers
   NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS



Thanks,
Mrs. Malik